Vertical Trends for the Fashionably Tall

Just sharing my thoughts, frustrations and triumphs as a woman with a tall and slightly athletic build. I'm just your average shopaholic looking for great clothing that fits at reasonable prices without sacrificing style.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

FASHION FORECAST: Where's the Flood?

I'm absolutely speechless... (that's a first). I just don't know what to say. My first reaction was "Who in their right mind would intentionally buy high waters?" I understand it's a fashion statement but isn't it getting a bit chilly to have your ankles exposed? I don't know about you but I'm not feeling this look. Don't get me wrong, I think it's cute especially when paired with those adorable ballerina shoes but I don't think it's for us (anyone over 6'0"). Maybe if it was a nice Fall day like today (72 degrees and sunny with a nice breeze) I miiiiiiiiiight...ummm...Naaaaah.... FORGET IT! (shaking my head vigorously from left to right)

There's no way you'll catch me in those high waters (not intentionally anyway). Can you imagine the blank stares and me having to explain that it's the latest "Audrey Hepburn" style and not my lil' 2 year old niece's pants?!

After giving it another look (3rd times a charm) they're actually starting to grow on me. Maybe it's one of those things you have to try on... who knows, this might actually be a fly look.

Well, maybe in another lifetime when I'm 5 feet tall and wear a size 7 shoe! (smirk) Arrrrgh, I'm so undecided about these...

But not these super cute ballerina shoes from Steve Madden. They even come in cool metallics and animal prints which is HOT this season! Good timing too because I need to give those 4" stillettos a break from time to time (my poor toes).


Or consider these slippers by Jeffrey Campbell in ice/gold found at Nordstroms for $65 ... ooooh look, they only have size 9 and 10 left. I wonder why?! (sarcastic smirk)

Although I think they're ultra cute, they're ideal for someone with a smaller foot.

I'll pass on this one... not going for the "I survived a flood" look this season with my ballerina boats and flood pants! All I need now is an umbrella hat and a plastic raincoat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home