Vertical Trends for the Fashionably Tall

Just sharing my thoughts, frustrations and triumphs as a woman with a tall and slightly athletic build. I'm just your average shopaholic looking for great clothing that fits at reasonable prices without sacrificing style.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

R.I.P.(PED)

Good Bye (weeping)... you will truly be missed. We shared so many good times and fond memories.

I remember the day you finally said "enough is enough"... as I tried to mount a 5' elephant statue in DC (the one on 7th street near MCI Center). Little did I know, the seat of my pants were too worn to take the momentum of my movement. As I swung my leg over I heard a loud RIP! It sounded like paper tearing but it felt more like someone whipped the back of my thigh with a wet rag as the cold air stung my exposed flesh. SHIT, I can't go to the club like this!

It's been a wonderful year together:

1. Tackling the "DC Dating Scene" (shaking my head-- that's another blog--- stay tuned!)

2. Getting my "Groove Back" in St. Thomas

3. 10 yr High School Class Reunion in Bahamas

4. Caribbanna Carnival in Canada

5. Curled on the couch watching scary movies with girlfriends

6. GAME NIGHTS at 8023 playing Taboo, Connect Four, and Spades

7. Late night runs to YUMS after the club

8. Back to the Bahamas with NEW boyfriend (now the ex)

9. Break-up with NEW boyfriend

10. Back on the meat market a.k.a "DC's Dating Scene"

We've been through it all... thick and thin! I'll miss your comfort, reliability and flexibility but definitely not your durability (told y'all before that those cheap jeans $30 from ALLOY don't stand the test of time!)

The search is on for a new boyfriend... oh yea, new jeans too!

1 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"SHIT, I can't go to the club like this!"

Yeah right....knowing you, you'd start a new fashion trend and everyone will be wearing ripped jeans (in the ass, that is).

Marae

 

Post a Comment

<< Home